Island Marine Construction provides complete permit management services.
Prior to the installation of new docks on Provincial Crown Land, applications for “Specific Permission for Residential Moorage” must be acquired from the Integrated Land Management Bureau.
The creation of the permit requires the collection of topographical and bathymetric information. As all marine installations present unique challenges, Island Marine Construction provides design services to determine the physical requirements of a project. Considerations include exposure to weather, passing marine traffic, structure height, anchoring plan and the esthetic interface with the upland property. The permit requires a Management Plan disclosing how the construction will be implemented to ensure the least impact to the environment and the community.
- To support your application we communicate with:
- Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- Ministry of the Environment
- Archaeology Branch of BC
- Transport Canada, Navigable Waters Protection Branch
- First Nations
- Islands Trust
- And any individual or group deemed to be a stakeholder in the process.
- Shoreline Development Permits are required in order for modifications to be made to upland properties. For these applications we arrange and manage:
- Design Services
- Biological Assessments
- Archaeological Assessments
- Zoning and Land Use variance applications